Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Monday, January 03, 2011
2011 is here and as we celebrate new beginnings, let's pause a moment and reflect on our achievements this past year. Our Art of Living Center turned 1 on December 2010! and we have a lot to be proud of, thanks to the dedication of our volunteers. Here is this year's the main highlights:-
- Increased teacher headcount from 4 to 8
- Taught/Hosted the following courses:
- 5 YES+ workshops (3 of which were conducted by Austin teachers)
- 3 Sri Sri Yoga workshops
- 2 Know your Child Workshops
- 2 Sahaj Samadhi meditation classes
- 2 Refugee Empowerment workshops - one for adults, and one for teens
- 1 Art Excel course for kids
- 1 Know your Child Teacher Training
- 1 Know your Teen Workshop
- Successfully completed a Health and Happiness Seminar Series, and launched a second one.
- Revived weekly knowledge sessions with ongoing sessions of the following series :
- Ashtavakra gita
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Bhakti Sutras.
- Hosted Swami Pragyapad. He taught the Art of Living, and Sahaj courses, and gave a public talk.
- Spear-headed and led Sri Sri ashram activities and all ashram renovation work.
- Conducted weekly yoga sessions, and taught relaxation techniques to juvenile delinquents between age group of 11-17 years at Gardner Betts Juvenile Justice Center.
- Conducted free weekly yoga sessions for students at the University of Texas at Austin
- Organized a retreat for University of Texas at Austin Business School students at the Sri Sri ashram.
- Started Hindi workshops for kids and teens as part of center activities.